Car Shipping Service from the United States to Cotonou Benin
Car shipping service to Cotonou Benin from the United States of North America. This is the service route to ship a car to Cotonou from the major ports in the US.
Ship a Car to Cotonou, Benin never was that simple as with BR LOGISTICS USA INC that provides the most reliable car shipping services to Cotonou, Benin.
Car Shipping Service from USA to Cotonou Benin
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car to Cotonou Benin?
How much does it cost to ship a car to Cotonou Benin
- The average price to ship a car to Benin ranges from $1252 to $1852.
- The duty to import a car in Cotonou is 5.85% of the vehicle CIF value.
- The price to ship your car to Cotonou Benin will vary on the type of car you have, the dimensions of the vehicle, the method of transport to the shipping port as if you want to ship the car via container service or roll on roll off service (RO-RO).
- But these are not final prices, as some factors may change the price you pay to ship a car to Cotonou as you have to add $175 for the CTN (Cargo Tracking note) that is a requirement to ship a car to Benin, also if the vehicles are run&drive, non runners, or forklift service that can increase the cost to ship a car to Cotonou Benin.
Price list to ship a car to Cotonou
What is the cost to ship a car to Cotonou?, This is the example price list table with the cheapest shipping rates to ship your car to Cotonou from the United States. The table contains the shipping ocean freights to ship your car from the major ports in the United States to the most popular port in Benin, Cotonou.
Factors of price to ship a car to Cotonou Benin
The price to ship a car to Cotonou will vary on the type of car you have, the shipping dimensions and weight, the method of transport to the port of destination in Benin, the location of your car in the USA that you plan to ship it from to Benin, and which method of transport you choose.
Only once we have that info from you, can we estimate costs more precisely to ship your car to Cotonou Benin.
Online car shipping rate calculator to Cotonou Benin.
Clicking below link bottom you can request a rate to ship your car to Benin from the USA major ports as Baltimore, Providence, Boston, Newark ,Savannah, Jacksonville, Freeport Texas, and Los Angeles California.
How to Ship a Car to Cotonou Benin from the United States of America
Your first step on How to ship a Car to Cotonou from the United States of America is to follow the Step by Step guide to ship a Car to Cotonou from the US, and provide to your forwarder or shipping company the Year, Make, Model, and location of your vehicle.
How to Ship Your Car to Cotonou Benin Step by Step Guide:
- Research for car shipping companies in the United States that offers shipping services to Cotonou.
- Request a shipping rate from the United States to Cotonou Benin.
- Choose the best shipping method to ship your vehicle from USA to Cotonou, depends of you needing you can choose the following shipping methods to Cotonou: Roll on Roll off service, Container shipping service, shared container service, or Air Cargo to Cotonou.
- Provide the documents to the shipping company to make the booking to ship your vehicle to Cotonou.
- Deliver the vehicle to the port or to the export warehouse to then export it to Cotonou.
- Make the payment to the shipping company
- Send the release or bill of lading to your clearing agent, customs broker, or forwarder company in Cotonou.
Documents needed to ship a car from USA to Cotonou Benin:
The following list contains the documentation needed to ship a car from the USA to Cotonou Benin.
- Original state title of the vehicle is necessary to ship a car from America to Benin, with a seller info and buyer info, with no lien holder on it, or if there is a lien holder it will need to be stamped by the financial company that is making the reserve of the vehicle, if the title is not stamped and signed by the financial company you will need to request an original lien release letter from the Bank confirming the car is paid in full.
- Bill of sale of the vehicle or commercial invoice tracing the seller and buyer transaction, value of the vehicle, and showing paid in full balance $0.00 (zero).
- Vehicle information and specs, Year, make, model, full vin#, shipping weight, and dimensions of the car.
- Shipper name or company information in the USA, address, tel#, EIN#/TAX ID#/ or foreign passport id.
- Consignee full name or company information, address in Benin, contact number.
- Freight Invoice from USA to Cotonou from the Shipping company.
- Certificate of origin for the vehicle
- CTN – Cargo Tracking note for Cotonou Benin
Ship a car to port of Cotonou Benin from the United States
Ship a car to Cotonou is the most efficient destination in Benin for vehicles, the Cotonou Port is the most popular Port in Benin to import vehicles.
Port of Cotonou
The port of Cotonou in Benin is the busiest Port in Benin for Car imports from USA. The most popular terminal of exchange for cargo in West Africa for containers with cars, commercial commodities, and personal effects from North America..
Location of Cotonou, Benin’s port
Address: General Management of the Autonomous Port of Cotonou
Boulevard de la Marina | BP 927 Cotonou, Benin
Coordinates: 6° 21′ 00” N 2° 25′ 59” E
Types of Shipping Methods to ship a Car to Cotonou
The shipping methods and options to ship a car from USA to are the roll on roll off service (RO-RO), Full container load with cars (FCL), Shared container shipping to Cotonou Benin (LCL), or Air Cargo.
The Roll on Roll off service or RORO shipping service is one of the most popular methods to ship a car from USA to Cotonou, this shipping service offers to ship your car to Cotonou port in Benin just driving it onto and off of the ship vessel in the USA and rolling the car out discharge the car of the vessel in Cotonou, with a cheap coast of transport, making this method one of the best one to ship a car from the United States of North America to Cotonou Benin.
Roll on Roll off service from USA to Ghana
If you have a wheeled vehicle to Ship from any port in the USA to Cotonou, such as a car, Sedan, SUV, motorcycle, motor home, camper, trailer, bus, construction vehicle, Heavy Equipment, Excavators, or a boat to ship it to the port of Cotonou Benin, this method is extremely efficient and cost-effective, featuring the most reliable departure, transit time, and arrival dates to Cotonou from the USA. The New car manufacturers tend to choose this method when deciding to ship their own vehicles overseas.
Advantages of the Roll on Roll off / RORO Shipping service to Cotonou:
- You can ship vehicles running vehicles from the most popular RO-RO port in the USA to Cotonou for a very cheap price.
- Special RO-RO service to Cotonou for Non runners vehicles, this allow you to ship cars from Copart and IAAI auto auctions.
- Fast transit time to ship a vehicle to Cotonou Benin from Boston, Providence, Newark, Wilmington, Baltimore, Savannah, Jacksonville Florida and Freeport Texas with only 12 to 15 days of transit port to port to deliver your car to Benin.
- The roll on/roll off local export charges, and destination Charges in Benin are less expensive than a container shipment with cars to Cotonou.
The container shipping service from USA to Cotonou is your exclusive container shipping, it will cost you more than a RO-RO Car shipping service, but your car or your vehicles are the only ones in your container to Cotonou.
Advantages of the Container Shipping service to Cotonou :
- You can ship vehicles that do not work, accident vehicles from the American auto auctions as Copart or IAAI.
- You can load up to 4 cars in to a 40ft container to Cotonou Benin.
- You can include personal belongings along with your car, as personal effects or furniture.
- You will have the container shipment exclusivity for you to Cotonou, not a shared container.
This is the most affordable option to ship accident cars to Cotonou from the US. This shared container shipping service for Cars from USA to Cotonou is very efficient to ship non runner cars from the American auctions as Copart, IAAI, Insurance auctions, as not all the ports in the USA accepts non runner or accident vehicles. However, there is a disadvantage to this method: you will have to wait until the whole container is filled with other vehicles before it can be loaded onto the container ship and set sail. Therefore, your departure date cannot be guaranteed.
Advantages of the Shared Container Shipping service to Cotonou:
- The best plus to this method to ship your car with a Shared Container service is that you can place additional items in the trunk or the backseat of your vehicle for the shipping to Cotonou.
- Your vehicle doesn’t have to be working to use this option, you can ship a non runner vehicle to Cotonou using a shared container shipment.
How many days does it take to ship a car from USA to Cotonou Benin?
How much time will it take to ship a car to Cotonou, Benin?
The estimated transit time to ship a Car to Cotonou Benin is from 2 weeks to 4 weeks, with an average transit time of 12 to 25 days to ship a car from The United States.
Shortest transit time to ship a vehicle from USA to Cotonou Benin
One of the shortest transit time to ship a car to Benin is the route from Baltimore Maryland US to the port of Cotonou in Benin with the Car Shipping company ACL – Grimaldi Line service with an average of 15 days of transit. The next shortest route is with Sallaum Shipping Line from Jacksonville Florida as a port of loading in Miami zone with an average of 20 days of transit time to deliver a car to Cotonou Benin.
Longest transit time to ship a Vehicle from North America to Cotonou
The longest transit time to ship a car from the USA to Cotonou Benin is the route from Houston Texas via Freeport Terminal to Cotonou port, with an estimated average transit time between 25 to 28 days of transit. The next longest route is from New York to Cotonou Benin with an average of 22 days of transit time to deliver a car to Benin.
Top 5 most popular routes for shipping cars from USA to Cotonou
At BR EXPORT USA, we offer you a professional international car shipping services from the major ports of United States of America to Benin, as loading cars in to containers, ro-ro car shipments, air cargo for vehicles, international transport of cars for the routes to send cars to Benin. Here are the top 5 routes from United States of America to the major port of the country of Benin Africa.
How to import a Car in Cotonou Benin from the United States?
- Ship the car from USA to Cotonou
- Follow the procedure to import the car in Cotonou Benin with your customs broker
- Check the Documents you need to import a car in Benin
- Pay the taxes and duties in Benin
- Pick up the car or the container from the Terminal in Cotonou Benin
Documents you need to have to import a car in Cotonou:
- Original shipping bill of lading, or Seaway bill, or Airway bill
- Driver’s license issued in Benin or an International Driver’s ID
- Original invoice
- Packing list
- Combined Certificate of Value and Origin (CCVO)
- Benin Customs ‘Form C’
- Pier fees document for Cotonou terminal
If need further information you can contact the Benin Embassy in Washington, DC for the latest import tax information to import a car in Benin.
Embassy of the Republic of Benin
2124 Kalorama Rd NW, Washington, DC 20008, Estados Unidos
If you are in Benin, you should contact the Benin Customs Service to get more information on the procedure to import a car in Benin:
Benin Customs Service Headquarters
Tel: (+229) 21 31 50 54 / 21 31 50 55
HOW TO SHIP A NON RUNNER VEHICLE TO Cotonou Benin?
The best way to ship a non runner vehicle to Cotonou Benin is using the shared container service. If you need to ship a non runner or forklift unit to Cotonou Benin you will need to ship it into a container.
The second option to ship a non runner vehicle will be using roll on roll off service, but no all the port of export in the Untied States can accept them.
Shipping Differences between NON RUNNER TOWING SERVICE & FORKLIFT SERVICE
Please take a moment and ready this information that was sent to us by the Steamship lines:
American ports are rejecting a lot of vehicles on RORO service, because of the condition of the vehicles.
Please inform us of the condition of the vehicles before to make the booking, run&drive, non runner towing, non runner forklift, flooded vehicle. (Real condition of the vehicle NOT THE CONDITION THAT IS INFORMED BY THE AUCTIONS)
The owner/buyer of the vehicle is responsible for all the charges that may occur in all the shipping processes.
NON RUNNER – TOWING SERVICE
Non running vehicles must be capable of being towed inside of the vessel and must meet
the following conditions:
- – OPERATIONAL STEERING
- – 4 TIRES MUST HOLD AIR
- – OPERATIONAL BRAKES
- – OPERATIONAL IGNITION FREEING THE STEERING COLUMN & SHIFT LEVER
- – OPERATIONAL DRIVER DOOR
- – NO BROKEN GLASSES INSIDE THE VEHICLE
- – NO HUMAN REMAINS
- – NO SHARP EDGES IN THE INTERIOR
- – THE VEHICLES MUST HAVE THE KEYS
IF THE VEHICLES DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE CONDITIONS MENTIONED ABOVE IT WILL BE CONSIDERED FORKLIFT SERVICE.
THE DECISION IF THE VEHICLES ARE TOWING SERVICE OR FORKLIFT SERVICE WILL BE TAKEN BY THE PORT AUTHORITY OF THE PORT WHICH IS RECEIVING THE VEHICLE.
FLOODED VEHICLES ARE FORKLIFT SERVICE UNITS ALSO IF THEY RUN AND DRIVE
Please note that Auto Auctions many times show vehicles as run and drive in their web sites and when the Haulers arrive the auctions to pick up the cars , they have broken axles , flat tires , and don’t have keys.
- . If the vehicle has a flat tire it is forklift service
- . If the vehicle does´t have key it is forklift service
- . Vehicles with broken axles are forklift service
- . Vehicles that one or more of the wheels don’t roll are forklift service
- . Vehicles with broken glasses inside or with blood inside are forklift service
- ( to avoid this forklift service the glasses must be vacuumed )
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ADVISE THE CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE AT THE TIME THAT YOU REQUEST THE BOOKINGS , THE HAULERS CHARGE FOR DETENTION TIME FOR A WHILE THEY ARE WAITING AT THE PORTS , THE STEAMSHIP LINE SOMETIMES TAKE UP TO 2 HOURS FOR EXAMPLE TO CHANGE A BOOKING FROM RUN AND DRIVE TO NON RUNNER OR FROM NON RUNNER TO FORKLIFT SERVICE , WHEN THAT HAPPEN THE STEAMSHIP LINES HAVE TO UPDATE THE BOOKINGS IN THEIR SYSTEM AND NOTIFY THE TERMINAL OF SUCH CHANGE FOR A WHILE THE DRIVER IS WAITING AT THE PORT.