Ship a Car from China to Nicaragua
Looking to ship a car from China to Nicaragua? Find out how to import cars from China, the best car transport services, and shipping rates. Learn about the cheapest ways to ship your car from China to Nicaragua.
Below is the 2023 shipping guide to send a car from China to Nicaragua.
Car shipping from China to Nicaragua never was that simple as with BR LOGISTICS CHINA company, that provides various shipping methods available, including sea freight, air freight, roll on roll off service, and land transport. Sea RoRo is the most common and cost-effective method for shipping cars from China to Nicaragua.
Ship a car from China to Nicaragua
Ship a car from China to the major ports in Nicaragua.
How much does it cost to ship a car from China to Nicaragua?
The cost of shipping a car from China to Nicaragua can vary depending on the shipping method and the size of the car. On average, it can cost around $3,500 to $4,500 to ship a car from China to Nicaragua.
Historical ocean freight rates to ship a car from China to Nicaragua
Will ocean freight rates go down to ship a car from China to Nicaragua in 2023?, Yes the rates slowly began falling in the first quarter of 2023 and are expected to continue to drop, little by little. You calculate the ocean freight rate based on oil prices (BAF), dimensions of the vehicle, weight of the vehicle, port of export, port of destination, and season congestion. The following annual chart is showing the prices and costs for the year 2023 for average maritime freight for car shipping to Nicaragua.
These prices to ship your car from China to Nicaragua do not include additional or unforeseen costs that may be added during the course of your reservation or shipment itself. These are not the current or final price to ship your vehicle to Nicaragua, please request a rate for an updated price.
¿How long does it take to ship a car from China to Nicaragua?
The average transit time to ship a car from China to Nicaragua is from 2 weeks to 6 weeks.
Estimated transit time to ship a car to Nicaragua from China:
The average transit times and sailing schedule to ship your car to Nicaragua from the major Chinese ports as from Shanghai, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Guangzhou, & Hong Kong.
|Origin port in China||Port of destination||Transit time (days)||Car Shipping Rate from:|
|Port of Shanghai||Port of Puerto Corinto||35||$3500|
|Port of Shenzhen||Port of Puerto Corinto||37||$3500|
|Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan||Port of Puerto Corinto||35||$3500|
|Port of Hong Kong||Port of Puerto Corinto||40||$3500|
|Port of Guangzhou||Port of Puerto Corinto||40||$3500|
|Port of Qingdao||Port of Puerto Corinto||40||$3500|
|Port of Tianjin||Port of Puerto Corinto||42||$3500|
|Port of Yingkou||Port of Puerto Corinto||38||$3500|
|Port of Xiamen||Port of Puerto Corinto||17||$2850|
|Port of Dalian||Port of Puerto Corinto||15||$2850|
Shortest transit time to ship a car from China to Nicaragua:
One of the fastest transit times to ship a car from China to Nicaragua is the route from Shanghai China to Puerto Cortes with an average transit time from 20 to 25 shipping days. The next fastest route to ship your ocean container from China to Port of Puerto Castilla is from Tianjin port to Houston Texas, with an average transit time of 18 to 22 days.
Longest transit time to ship a car from China to Nicaragua:
The longest or slowest transit time to ship a car from China to Nicaragua is from the port of Guangzhou China to Port of Puerto Cortes, with an estimated average transit time between 40 and 42 days. The next longest route is from the port of Shenzhen to Puerto San Lorenzo, with an average transit time of 40 days.
How much does it cost to import a car from China to Nicaragua?
How to import a car to Nicaragua from China? Importing a Car from China to Nicaragua starts at a cost of $3500 USD for Shipping, plus Import duties from 0% to 100% + VAT from 0% to 25% of the value of the vehicle, to import the car permanently into Nicaragua must be registered with the Vehicle Registration Service in order to operate on Nicaragua roads.
How do i import a car from China to Nicaragua?
Can i import a car from China to Nicaragua? The answer is Yes I can import a car from China to Nicaragua if the vehicle pass American standards so it can pass Nicaragua customs import procedure. The used Motor vehicles can be imported into Nicaragua if they comply with all applicable Motor Vehicle Safety Standards in order to be imported permanently into Nicaragua.
The Temporary import for autos into Nicaragua are available for up to one year, after a Year the vehicle must leave Nicaragua.
Can I bring my car from China to Nicaragua?
Yes you can bring your car from China to Nicaragua, as soon as your car arrives to Nicaragua you must go to a customs office in Nicaragua to declare that you are importing a vehicle from China to Nicaragua.
Are cheaper in China than in Nicaragua. Some times they are cheaper and you can bring them to Nicaragua, but it will deepens on on the Year, Make & model of the vehicles you want to bring to Nicaragua, for example the prices are more reasonable to buy an American vehicles in Nicaragua, or an Electric vehicle in China to them bring them to Nicaragua.
Conclusion: You can bring your car to Nicaragua from China that are ones of the cheapest countries in the World to buy your classic car or Electric car to ship it to Nicaragua for a reasonable car shipping cost.
Documents to import a car to Nicaragua from China:
What documents are needed for customs to import a car in Nicaragua from China?
The requirements to import a car into Nicaragua from China are to present the commercial bill of sale, vehicle title and invoice translated into English and the detailed packing list, which must indicate the details of the quantity, the type of vehicle and the shipment location, and then provide the following documents to Customs in Nicaragua:
Cars imports from China must have the following documentation:
- Bill of lading manifest, which is used for the import, release, and tax purposes.
- Tax Identification Number in Nicaragua
- Location of the tariff subheading, and commodity
- Registration as a car importer from China to Nicaragua
- Vehicle Customs Value Declaration
- Debt free in Nicaragua
- Moving Inventory to Nicaragua(original)
- Have a trade or company patent in Nicaragua that must indicate that you are dedicated to importing vehicles from China.
- Certificate of origin from China showing the vehicle is brand new (simple copy)
- Demonstrate economic solvency in Nicaragua
- Establish the terms of the Incoterms agreement for importation.
- Find a good customs broker in Nicaragua
- Shipping company’s original bill of lading from China, sea waybill or airwaybill
- Packing list from the Chinese seller
- Commercial invoice
- Combined Certificate of Value and Origin (CCVO)
- Power of attorney that authorizes your customs broker to clear de car import for you with customs in Nicaragua
If you need more information to to ship a car from China to Nicaragua you can contact BR LOGISTICS CHINA
Tel: +1-201-201-5020 CHINA CUSTOMER SERVICE
Tel: +12012015020 USA CUSTOMER SERVICE
Tel: +34628279703 EUROPE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Taxes & Duties for Shipping Cars from China to Nicaragua:
The taxes & duties to import Foreign-made vehicles from China to Nicaragua are subject to pay duties from 0% to 100% for a new car, + VAT from 0% to 25%. Same will apply for for a motorcycle, and less for a truck or commercial vehicle. The import cost is based on the value of the vehicle + shipping + insurance.
Vehicles Import Fees from China to Nicaragua:
Generally, foreign-made vehicles imported from China to Nicaragua are subject to following fees:
How to Ship a Car from China to Nicaragua?
Your first step on How to ship a Car from China to Nicaragua is to follow the Step by Step guide to ship a Car to Nicaragua from China, and provide to your forwarder or shipping company the Year, Make, Model, and location of your vehicle.
How to Ship Your Car to Nicaragua from China States Step by Step Guide:
- Research for car shipping companies in China that offers shipping services to Nicaragua.
- Request a shipping rate from China to Nicaragua.
- Chose the best shipping method to ship your vehicle from China to Nicaragua, it depends of you needing you can chose the following shipping methods to Nicaragua: Roll on Roll off service, Container shipping service, shared container service, or Air Cargo to Nicaragua.
- Provide the documents to the shipping company to make the booking to ship your vehicle from China to Nicaragua.
- Deliver the vehicle to the port or to the export warehouse to then export it to from China to Nicaragua.
- Make the payment to the shipping company in China
- Send the release or bill of lading to your clearing agent, customs broker, or forwarder company in Nicaragua.
It is very important to clean your vehicle’s undercarriage before ship it from China to Nicaragua and make it free of foreign soil to prevent the introduction of invasive microorganisms, vegetable or animal products. This should be accomplished through steam cleaning or other thorough cleaning methods.
We recommend to follow the next steps to clean your car before ship it to Nicaragua from China:
- Use a Car Jack to Lift Your Car to can clean it better
- Take the Wheels if necessary
- Rinse the Undercarriage With a Pressure Washer until it is completely clean
- Then you have to clean it inside and make sure the car is clean & empty of any strange material as the car have to be empty to be imported into Nicaragua from China.
Major Ports in China to ship cars to Nicaragua:
The Below list of ports are the best ones for shipping and importing cars from China to Nicaragua, these are the most important port handling terminals in China for car shipping.
What is the cheapest way to ship a car from China to Nicaragua?
The Roll on Roll off service (RO-R) is typically the cheapest way to ship a car from China to Nicaragua in terms of car shipping rates, but least secure than a container shipment with cars.
You have different shipping methods and options to ship a car to Nicaragua, below you can compare the roll off service (RO-RO) vs Container shipment, Full container load with cars (FCL), Shared container shipping (LCL), or Air Cargo to send vehicles faster to Nicaragua.
Roll on Roll off Service from China to Nicaragua.
Roll on Roll off Service from China to Nicaragua.
If you have a wheeled vehicle to Ship from any port in China to Nicaragua, such as a car, Sedan, SUV, motorcycle, motor home, camper, trailer, bus, construction vehicle, Heavy Equipment, Excavators, or a boat to ship it to one port in Nicaragua, this method is extremely efficient and cost-effective, featuring the most reliable departure, transit time, and arrival dates to Nicaragua from China. The New car manufacturers tend to choose this method when deciding to ship their own vehicles overseas.
Advantages of the Roll on Roll off / RORO Shipping service from China to Nicaragua:
- You can ship vehicles running vehicles from the most popular RO-RO port in China to Nicaragua for a very cheap price.
- Special RO-RO service to Nicaragua from China
- Fast transit time to Nicaragua from China with only 15 to 35 days to the closest port.
- The roll on/roll off local export charges, and destination Charges in Nicaragua are less expensive than a container shipment with cars to Nicaragua.
Container shipping service from China to Nicaragua:
The container shipping service from China to NicaraguaFCL is your exclusive container shipping, it will cost you more than a RO-RO Car shipping service, but your car or your vehicles are the only ones in your container to Nicaragua.
Advantages of the Container Shipping service from China to Nicaragua:
- You can ship vehicles that do not work, accident vehicles from the auto auctions in China.
- You can load up to 4 cars in to a 40ft container to Nicaragua.
- You can include auto parts in the container.
- You will have the container shipment exclusivity for you to Nicaragua, not a shared container.
Top 10 best shipping routes to ship cars from China to Nicaragua
In BR LOGISTICS CHINA we offer many options of routes to ship cars from China to Nicaragua. The following are the 10 most popular busiest shipping routes from the major ports in China used by exporters and importers around the world.
|International origin port||Destination port in Nicaragua|
|Port of Shanghai||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Shenzhen||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Hong Kong||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Guangzhou||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Qingdao||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Tianjin||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Yingkou||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Xiamen||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
|Port of Dalian||Destination port: Puerto Corinto; Port Code: NICIO|
Best Car Shipping Companies in China to ship to Nicaragua:
These are some of the top car shipping companies in China to send vehicles to Nicaragua that strikes a delicate balance between fast and cheap international shipping services.
- HOEGH AUTO LINES
- K LINE
- NYK LINE
- GRIMALDI LINES
- SALLAUM LINES
- EUKOR CAR CARRIER
- WWL WALLENIUS WILHELMSEN
- MSC RORO
- GLOVIS HYUNDAI
How to ship an electric car from China to Nicaragua?
To ship an electric or hybrid car from China to Nicaragua, a series of requirements must be met, such as if they are new or used vehicles, and if they have the battery system in good condition.
List of steps to follow to send an electric or hybrid car to Nicaragua:
- Inform the forwarder agent or the auto transport company if the car is new or used before sending it to from China to Nicaragua.
- Check with the car shipping companies that the vehicle has never suffered any damage/blow to the battery system, and that there is no leakage from the vehicle or loss for shipment.
- The electric car must be labeled on the front windshield with the vehicle’s VIN clearly indicating the type of propulsion the vehicle has (fully electric/hybrid/plug-in hybrid/CNG/LNG, etc.)
- Check with the shipping company that the vehicle has never suffered any damage/blow to the battery system, and that there is no leakage from the vehicle or loss for shipment.
- You have to make a booking with the shipping company as IMO to send the vehicle.
- The shipper or exporter of the vehicle has to provide the MSDS of the car battery to validate the hazmat parameters.
Finally, the consignee or importer has to inform the car transporter in China and Customs in Nicaragua that you are going to import an electric vehicle.
If all these requirements are met, the unit can be loaded on the ship bound from China to Nicaragua, but keep in mind that some shipping companies and forwarders do not accept boarding electric or hybrid vehicles for security reasons in international transport of cars.
Top 10 most imported vehicles from China to Nicaragua in 2023.
The below list contains the most popular vehicles imported from China to Nicaragua.
- JAC MOTORS
- GREAT WALL MOTORS
- FAW MOTORS
How Much Does it Cost to Buy a Car from China?
Chinese cars are known for their affordability, but how much does it cost to actually buy a car from China to then ship it to Nicaragua? The price of a car in China can vary greatly depending on the make and model, but generally speaking, Chinese cars tend to be cheaper than their counterparts from other countries. For example, a new Chinese car may cost around $8,000 – $12,000, whereas a new car from Japan or Korea may cost $15,000 – $20,000.
Why Are Chinese Cars So Cheap?
Chinese cars are often cheaper than cars from Nicaragua due to lower labor costs and less stringent safety and emissions regulations. Additionally, many Chinese car manufacturers receive government subsidies, which allows them to offer their cars at lower prices.
Is Alibaba Legit for Cars?
Alibaba is a legitimate online marketplace that connects cars buyers in Nicaragua and sellers in China, including for cars. However, it’s important to do your research and ensure that you’re dealing with a reputable seller before making any purchases. Check the seller’s ratings, reviews, and certifications to ensure that they are trustworthy and reliable.
HOW TO SHIP A NON RUNNER VEHICLE FROM CHINA TO NICARAGUA?
The best way to ship a non runner vehicle from China to Nicaragua is using a container service. If you need to ship a non runner car from China to Nicaragua you will need to ship it into a container.
The second option to ship a non runner vehicle will be using roll on roll off service, but no all the port of export in China can accept them as non runner.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ADVISE THE CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE AT THE TIME THAT YOU REQUEST THE BOOKING FROM CHINA TO NICARAGUA, THE HAULERS CHARGE FOR DETENTION TIME FOR A WHILE THEY ARE WAITING AT THE PORTS , THE STEAMSHIP LINE SOMETIMES TAKE UP TO 2 HOURS FOR EXAMPLE TO CHANGE A BOOKING FROM RUN AND DRIVE TO NON RUNNER OR FROM NON RUNNER TO FORKLIFT SERVICE , WHEN THAT HAPPEN THE STEAMSHIP LINES HAVE TO UPDATE THE BOOKINGS IN THEIR SYSTEM AND NOTIFY THE TERMINAL OF SUCH CHANGE FOR A WHILE THE DRIVER IS WAITING AT THE PORT.
Conclusion of ship a car from China to Nicaragua:
Shipping a car from China to Nicaragua may seem like a complicated process, but with the right information and resources, it can be a smooth and hassle-free experience. By understanding the basics of shipping cars from China and finding a reliable car transport service, you can import a high-quality and affordable vehicle from China to your destination of choice.