International Transport of Household goods and Personal effects:
In BR EXPORT USA we have more than 10 years of experience moving families across the world, shipping containers with personal effects, house hold goods, and personal vehicles from North America to overseas, we will take care of all details and help you achieve a stress free move.
International moving and family relocation from one country to another is one of the biggest decisions any family can make.
Moving HH-Goods and Personal Effects for international shipping:
Moving your goods internationally is not like moving local, International house moving are a completely different process, involving export packing, inland transport of the container, container loading, container shipping, ocean freight, export documentation and Customs clearance.
How to ship my personal effects to overseas?
1-Contact your local consulate or the consulate of the country you will move to, check the laws and return programs if applicable to make sure you can import your personal effects or vehicles in to the country.
2-Contact a freight forwarder in North America, USA or Canada to handle the shipping and export documentation.
3-Prepare and package all the personal effects and household goods in order to load them to the shipping container.
4-Loading and shipping to the country of destination.
What kind of container do i need to contract for shipping?
The size of the container you will need will be based on the cubic meters you have to load, if you have a vehicle to ship, those factors will help you to decide to use a 20ft container, 40ft container, or if you just need a LCL less than a full container load named “consolidations” or groupages per cubic meters / cubic feet.
Shipping services offered from North America:
We offer shipping services for international house moving from all the Cities and states in the United States of America and Canada with destinations to Europe, North Europe, Africa, West Africa, Middle East, Asia, Central America, The Caribbean, South America, Australia, and New Zealand.
Popular destinations for International relocations with Household Goods and vehicles:
Buenos Aires Argentina Asuncion Paraguay
San Antonio Chile
La Paz Bolivia
El Callao Peru
Dakar Senegal Douala Cameroon
Cape Town South Africa
Valencia Spain Algeciras Spain Madrid Spain
Le Havre France Paris France
Rotterdam Netherlands Antwerp Belgium
Auckland New Zealand
Photo Gallery of personal effects and vehicles loading examples inside of containers:
Container loading with household goods and vehicles, cars, motorcycles, should be a good method to optimize the space and safe money on shipping, you can see below pictures an examples.
Major ports terminals in North America to export containers with personal effects:
- Port of New York & New Jersey, United States.
- Port of Baltimore Maryland, United States.
- Port of Savannah, Georgia, United States.
- Port of Miami Florida, United States.
- Port of Houston, Texas, United States.
- Port of Oakland, California, United States.
- Port of Long Beach, California, United States.
- Port of San Francisco, California, United States.
- Port of Halifax in Nova Scotia Canada.
- Port of Vancouver, BC, Canada.
What documents are needed to ship household items?
The requirements to import and export HH Goods from USA to overseas are to present the commercial invoice translated into English and the detailed packing list, which must indicate the details of the quantity, the type of personal effects and the shipment location, and then provide the following documents to Customs:
Imports of household goods must have the following documentation:
- Bill of lading manifest, which is used for the import, release, and tax purposes.
- Tax Identification Number or personal ID
- Location of the tariff subheading, and commodity
- Customs Value Declaration
- Debt free
- Moving Inventory to overseas (original)
- Have a contact with a trade or company patent that must indicate that you are going to import personal effects.
- Demonstrate economic solvency
- Establish the terms of the Incoterms agreement for importation.
- Find a good customs broker
- Shipping company’s original bill of lading, sea waybill or airwaybill
- Packing list
- Commercial invoice
- Combined Certificate of Value and Origin if needed (CCVO)
- Power of attorney that authorizes your customs broker to clear de import for you with Customs.
If you need more information to ship a container with household items you can contact BR LOGISTICS USA o BR LOGISTICS EUROPE