How to ship a car from USA to overseas:
To ship a car to overseas you will need to contract a Car Shipping company in the United States to handle the export procedures and documentation.
How to Ship Your Car Overseas Step by Step Guide:
- Research for car shipping companies in the United States
- Request a shipping rate
- Chose the best shipping method for your vehicle
- Provide the documents to the shipping company to make the booking
- Deliver the vehicle to the port or to the export warehouse
- Make the payment to the shipping company
- Send the release or bill of lading to destination
Car Shipping Methods and Options from the United States:
- Shipping vehicles, cars, SUV, Sedans, trucks, buses, boats, & heavy equipment
- Vehicles must run & drive, some ports offers non runner and fork lift services for accident vehicles.
- Can fit oversize vehicles that does not fit inside of a container shipping.
- Weekly shipping container service from almost all the port in the US to overseas destinations.
- Consolidation and shared container option
- Shipping option to load 1 to 4 vehicles & parts in a container
- Vehicle doesn’t have to run & drive, this shipping method is good to ship accident vehicles, example the accident cars from the auto auctions, Copart or IAAI.
SHIP A CAR BY AIR FREIGHT or AIR CARGO
- Ship a car by air cargo is the fastest shipping method available in the United States.
- Delivery between airports worldwide in just some days or hours.
- Crating available shipments for special and exotic cars
How much does it cost to ship a car overseas?
The cost to ship a car or vehicle overseas depends on several factors, including the shipping method, shipping in a container, roll on roll off shipping, or air freight, also the distance to the nearest port of export and the country of destination. The average range for international shipping is from $750 to $5000 united dollars for transport by sea using Ro-Ro ships or container shipping service, and the average price to ship a car via plane is from $10000 to 20000 dollars.
Car Shipping price list from United States to overseas destinations:
|Car Shipping||Vehicle:||Average price:|
|From USA to Europe||Sedan|
|Container Shipping $1000
Roll on Roll off $750
Air Cargo $15000
|From USA to West Africa||Sedan|
|Container Shipping $1500
Roll on Roll off $975
Air Cargo $20000
|From USA to Asia||Sedan|
|Container Shipping $1250
Roll on Roll off $1000
Air Cargo $18000
|From USA to Meddle East||Sedan|
|Container Shipping $1000
Roll on Roll off $750
Air Cargo $15000
|From USA to South America||Sedan|
|Container Shipping $1800
Roll on Roll off $1250
Air Cargo $19500
Several additional factors will affect international car shipping costs:
- Type of vehicle, size, weight: Sedans, SUV, 4×4 Vehicles, Mini Vans, VANS, Trucks, Pickup Trucks, Trailers, or Heavy Equipment
- Distance to a port: The distance to the closer port will affect your shipping rate, if the car is closer to a port it will be cheaper than if the car is far away from a shipping port terminal.
- Method of transport: Roll on Roll off should be the cheapest option, then the shipping container, and the expensive one is the Air Cargo transport.
Popular destinations to ship cars from the United States:
The popular ports of destination to ship cars from the USA are the port of Lagos Nigeria, Tema Ghana, Lome Togo, Cotonou Benin, Antwerp Belgium, Zeebrugge Belgium, Bremerhaven Germany, Rotterdam Netherlands, Le Havre France, Valencia Spain, Barcelona Spain, Dubai Emirates Arab United, Sihanoukville Cambodia and Poti Georgia.
Top 5 most popular destinations to ship cars from USA:
Need a car shipping company?
In BR EXPORT USA company we are a professionals in the sector of an international car shipping, we are a shipping company based in the USA with an excellent reputation and a big experience exporting cars from USA to Europe, Africa, West Africa, Middle East, South America. We ship from USA and Canada, east and west coast using Roll on Roll off (RORO service), container shipping, and air cargo for special requirements shipping Vehicles, Cars, SUV, VAN, 4×4, motorcycles, etc.
BR EXPORT USA can also help you in the ground transportation using car carriers/towing service from all the American Auto Auctions, auto dealers, or residential address to all the major port of export in North America.
Click the following bottom to contact us for more information:
What do i need to ship a car from USA?
The following guide will help you with all what you need to transport and export a car to oversea from the United States of America.
Guide and procedures to ship a car from North America:
1st: Contact with a Forwarder or export company to check the closer port and the needed documentation.
The closer port to ship your vehicle will be determined of the method of shipping you will use for example RO-RO or Container, also the condition of your vehicle, if the vehicle is Run&Drive, Non Runner, Fork-lift service accident car, or clean vehicle.
Documentation to export a vehicle:
- Original state title of the vehicle, with a clear seller and buyer with no lien holder on it, or if there is a lien holder it will need to be stamped by the financial company that is making the reserve of the vehicle, if the title is not stamped and signed by the financial company you will need to request an original lien release letter.
- Bill of sale, tracing the seller and buyer transaction, value of the vehicle, and showing paid in full balance $0.00 (zero).
- Vehicle information and specs, full vin#, shipping weight, and dimensions.
- Shipper name or company information in the USA, address, tel#, EIN#/TAX ID#/ or foreign passport id.
- Consignee full name or company information, address in the country of destination, contact number.
2nd: Make the booking with the SSL (Steamship Line) thru the export company.
- The forwarder export company in the USA will need to file the booking with the SSL with the information of the vehicle, year, make, model, vin# (Vehicle identification number) with the selected port of export and port of destination.
3rd: Make the dock receipt document and file the AES.
Depends of the port of export is how the forwarder will need to prepare the documentation and the information to be showed on the dock receipt, bill of lading, and submit the AES filling to the ACE Portal of customs and borders protection.
4th: Send the vehicle to the port:
Container: The vehicles will need to be properly loaded and lashed inside of the container, the trucking company will need a dock receipt to can deliver the container to the port.
Roll on Roll off: You will need a towing company with a valid Twic card to can deliver the vehicle to inside of the port, with a dock receipt and the original title.
5th: How to validate clear customs for Vehicle in USA:
Depends of the port of export you will need different requirements to clear customs, but in all the cases you will need the dock receipt with the booking number, shipper info, consignee info, description of the cargo, vessel name, AES ITN#, and the original title with the bill of sale and lien release if needed.
6th: After the vehicle is validated and cleared by customs:
The SSL will have a green line to load the container with cars, or just the RO-RO Vehicle to the ocean vessel to depart to the country of destination.
7th and the last one: When the vehicle or container is exported and loaded to the vessel:
You will need to pay to the forwarder for all the local charges, customs services, inland transport, ocean freight and documentation in order to receive the release of your cargo.
We provides international auto transport from USA to all majors ports in the world:
Below you can see the ports of departure and ports of destination to use for auto shipping from North America.
Ports of departure or loading for Car Shipping service from the United States:
PORT OF HALIFAX, BOSTON AUTOPORT, PROVIDENCE TERMINAL, NEW YORK TERMINAL / NEW JERSEY TERMINAL / REDHOOK CONAINER TERMINAL, BAYONNE AUTO TERMINAL / PORTS AMERICA, PORT OF WILMINGTON / TRANS CARGO, PHILADELPHIA TERMINAL / HYUNDAI GLOVIS, BALTIMORE TERMINAL / DUNDALK MARINE TERMINAL, BALTIMORE TERMINAL / REDHOOK TERMINAL BALTIMORE, BALTIMORE TERMINAL / AMPORTS, SAVANNAH TERMINAL / OCEAN TERMINAL, JACKSONVILLE HORIZON TERMINAL, MIAMI PORT EVERGLADES, PORT OF HOUSTON, GALVESTON TERMINAL / PORTS AMERICA, FREEPORT TERMINAL / HORIZON TERMINALS TEXAS, PORT OF VANCOUVER, PORT OF EVERETT, PORT OF TACOMA, PORT HUENEME / CERES MARINE TERMINAL, LOS ANGELES PORT OF LONG BEACH, SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIAN PORT.
Ports of destination for Car Shipping services from United States:
Tin can Island Lagos Nigeria, Cotonou Benin, Tema Ghana, Lome Togo, Dakar Senegal, Monrovia Liberia, Luanda Angola, Douala Cameroon, Point Noire Congo, Libreville Gabon, Takoradi Ghana, Banjul Gambia, Abidjan Ivory Coast, Conakry Guinea, Freetown Sierra Leona, Bata Guinea Equatorial, Malabo Guinea Equatorial, Rotterdam Netherlands, Hamburg Germany, Antwerp Belgium, Bremerhaven Germany, Valencia Spain, Algeciras Spain, Felixtowe United Kingdom, Saint Petersburg Russia, Marsaxlokk Malta, Giogia Tauro Italy, Livorno Italy, Le Havre France, Barcelona Spain, London United Kingdom, Dublin Ireland, Genoa Italy, Piraeus Greece, Southampton United Kingdom, Colon Panama, Santos Brazil, Iquique Chile, Manzanillo Mexico, Puerto Limon Costa Rica, San Antonio Chile, Buenaventura Colombia, Buenos Aires Argentina, Montevideo Uruguay, Jeddah Saudi Arabia, Dammam Saudi Arabia, Aden Yemen, Hodeidah Yemen, Jebel Ali UAE, Salalah Oman, Sohar Oman, Doha Qatar, Kuwait, Umm Qasr Iraq, Erbil Iraq, Aqaba Jordan, Djibouti Yibuti, Beirut Lebanon, Alexandria Egypt, Derince Turkey, Mersin Turkey, Casablanca Morocco, Mumbai India, Hambantota Sri Lanka, Singapore, Hong Kong, Port Kelang Malaysia, Xingang China, Dalian China, Shanghai China, and many others that you can ask to our vehicles shipping specialists.
Services provided by BR EXPORT USA:
Best customer service in America!!!
- International cars shipping
- Overseas vehicles shipping
- Car transport services from the auctions, auto dealers to the port of loading.
- Motorcycles shipping
- Trucks shipping, towing service, pick up from all USA to the port.
- Optimal routes for your shipment
- Roll on Roll Off (Ro Ro service for vehicles)
- Container loading up to 5 small vehicles or 2 Suvs and 2 Sedans into a 40HQ
- SGS inspections and reports
- CTN Cargo Tracking note and ENS#
- Mechanical inspections
- AutoCheck inspections
- Customs clearance and AES filling in USA
- Export documentation
- 40Ft containers with cars
- 20Ft containers with one car
Photo Gallery for Car Shipping services: